- Certain women are not able to carry pregnancy for a variety of reasons. It can be due to anatomical problem in uterus, serious health issues and other reasons.
- In surrogacy, egg of the woman or donor, is fertilized with either husband or donor semen, in vitro( outside body). Fertilized egg/ embryo is transferred to the uterus of another woman or surrogate, who carries the pregnancy on behalf of couple and hands over the baby to the couple.
- Different countries have different surrogacy laws.
- India has one of the liberal surrogacy law.
- For details go through current legal position in your country as well as India.
- We can assist you in finding a attorney dealing in ART Laws.
- If you are an International patient, you need to fulfill certain legal requirements.
- All couples seeking surrogates, have to enter into a duly notarised agreement with the surrogate.